Thursday, October 11, 2012

Daily God Breeze~

As I am sitting here trying to stay focused on my bible reading (new habit) for the day, I feel like God is speaking to me. I am always asking for financial blessings to get us out of a predicament that has come up, as it usually does for us, and I am reading Matthew 6. As I am rereading the study version below I get to verse 6:24 and in this explanation it says, "...Can you honestly say that God is your Master and not money? One test is to ask which one occupies more of your thoughts, time, and effort." Well, I guess I know the answer to that one! It would be money, and that is so eye opening for me because it seems that I am always worried about how we will get from pay check to paycheck, but what I should be doing is seeking God first and trust that he will give us what we need, when we need it! This has been said time and time again, and I say it to myself, but this explanation really slapped me in the face as to how much time I spend on thinking about money. Just a thought, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment