Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Sunday~

Ok, we did manage to get ourselves to church this morning-check. Bubba had a playdate this afternoon-check. Now I have gotten dinner going-check, and it is time for school work.
I am trying a new chili recipe tonight, courtesy of Going Gluten-free
and so far I am really impressed! I changed a few things to meet our needs and looking forward to drowning my GF/CF hotdog with it! Check it out and enjoy!
 
Chili

2 lbs ground beef, chicken or turkey (I almost always use chicken) --1lb ground turkey
1 medium yellow onion, diced finely---------------------------------3 TBSP minced onion
1 large stalk celery, diced finely-------------------------------------omitted
1 14.5 oz can of crushed tomatoes (or puree)-----------------------tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced finely----------------------------------------garlic powder equvilent
4 Tbs chili powder (McCormick's)---------------------------------1 TBSP
1 Tbs cumin (if you like the smokey flavor, add more)--------------1 TBSP
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (if you like it hotter, add more, I have to tone down heat for kids)--omitted
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
Good dose Salt & pepper
1 bay leaf----------------------------------------------------------omitted
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sugar
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed carefully

My changes are off to the side, all organic varieties.



Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment